Mother's Day Classic Committees
Each event has a local committee responsible for providing the local flavour at the event.
Under the leadership of the Chair and with guidance from national office, the MDC committee are responsible for the following;
- Source volunteers, partner/sponsors at a state or local level and source prizes
- Public relations and media
- Promoting participation to schools, corporates and the community
- Organisation of on-the-day activities such as kids activities, entertainers, vendors
- Managing the stage / MC’s / VIPs / entertainers
- Managing volunteers
- Looking after sponsors
- Working alongside the Event Manager
The committees meet regularly generally each month starting from October and more frequently in the lead up to the event.
Become a part of an MDC Committee.
Besides the obvious outstanding networking opportunities, being on an MDC committee provides a wide range of benefits to committee members.
It’s an opportunity to expand your professional skill set, while at the same time helping to raise funds for breast cancer research.