NSW COVID UPDATE
New South Wales Health has published a list of exposure sites on the New South Wales COVID case locations website.
The venues listed with the health advice of 'Close contact' are considered Tier 1 exposure sites. If you visited any of these venues during the relevant times please immediately self-isolate for 14 days from last exposure and call your local department of Health. The venues listed with the health advice of 'Casual contact' are considered Tier 2 exposure sites. If you visited any of these venues during the relevant times, please get tested immediately and isolate until you receive a negative result. These venues are updated as new information is received so please check back regularly.
As always, if you have symptoms please do not to attend your event and instead seek a COVID-19 test.
COVID Safe Information
Mother’s Day Classic Foundation is closely adhering to State Government guidance as we deliver the Mother’s Day Classic event (MDC) to help protect the wellbeing and safety of our participants across the many locations Australia-wide. All locations have a COVID Safe Plan in place. We need the help of everyone in our community to ensure the MDC COVID Safe Plans are followed. Further information will be sent to you pre-event and we ask that you follow COVID Safe marshals and staff instructions on site.
Please take a moment to review the important instructions below:
- You must check in when on site either via the QR code or manual system
- We ask that you socially distance on site including when queuing to check-in
- Practice good hand hygiene including sanitizing after each touchpoint
- Practice good cough/sneeze behaviour by doing so into your elbow
- Minimise touchpoints
Mother's Day Classic Foundation asks that you;
- Stay at home if unwell, or identify yourself as a contact of someone who has been unwell and who is being tested for coronavirus (COVID-19) infection.
- Seek assistance if you become unwell during the event (notify the COVID Safe marshal or first aid health workers).
- Familiarise yourself with the location of first aid posts.
- Adhere to all public health measures that are in place at the event, including where you may be required to wear masks (consistent with your local Chief Health Officer Directions).
- Download the Commonwealth Government COVIDSafe app prior to attending the event.
- Not attending the event if:
- You have been in close contact with a person who is diagnosed coronavirus (COVID-19) positive
- You are positive for coronavirus (COVID-19)
- You have travelled overseas in the previous 14 days
- A public health order determines you must not attend for example a stay at home order has been issued.
Contact tracing information must be recorded for every person who attends the location which includes but is not limited to staff, attendees, volunteers, and vendors, etc. This information will be kept for a period of 56 days.
These procedures are correct at time of publishing and are subject to change.
What if the Mother’s Day Classic is impacted by COVID-19 restrictions?
Unlike many events, the Mother’s Day Classic Local event is a flexible, scalable and safe community event that can adapt to any change in circumstances.
Your registration fee includes a race pack valued over $30 (an event experience delivered directly to your door!), access to an exclusive on-line Portal and the ability to be part of a special community uniting on Mother’s Day to celebrate and honour the lives of those touched by breast cancer.
If applicable COVID restrictions allow you can complete your Mother’s Day Classic challenge with others in your local community on or around Mother’s Day. These Local locations, while smaller in size and more informal in nature, will be big on community spirit!
If COVID restrictions mean that Local locations cannot be held in your part of the country, don’t worry, your race pack and Portal access will equip you with everything you need to enjoy a fun and inspirational MDC experience in whatever way the restrictions allow. For this reason, registration fees are non-refundable.