Become a Volunteer
Each year more than 100,000 people walk or run at the Mother’s Day Classic. They do so at more than 90 events around the country, and as a result in the last 21 years, the MDC has donated $33.2 million to fund breast cancer research.
An integral part of the MDC’s success can be directly attributed to the outstanding support we receive each year from our volunteers, without whom an event of this magnitude would simply not be possible. If the MDC had to pay for all the work our fabulous volunteers do it would cost in excess of $1 million.
It is impossible to express how grateful we are for the work of our volunteers, simply put, they are part of the extended MDC family.
If you’d like to become part of the volunteer family and add your contribution to funding breast cancer research, there are a myriad of things you can do for us, but what can we do for you?
As a volunteer, you will
- Gain a sense of community and connection to others
- Have the opportunity to enhance your social and relationship skills
- Improve your own health and wellbeing by countering the effects of stress
- Be happier and improve your self-confidence
- Be able to work on your own interpersonal skills as well as gain better communication, organisational and managerial skills.
- Have fun and enjoy a sense of fulfilment
- Be proud of contributing to a great cause
Choose your location from the below list to sign up to volunteer at a 2018 Mother’s Day Classic event.
If you have registered as a volunteer previously you can check or change your details here.
Mother's Day Classic 2017 Volunteers
How to get the most out of your experience;
- Make sure you know your role and what you need to do
- Ask questions to ensure the role you’ve been allocated works for both you and us
- Be willing to try something new or different
- Enjoy yourself! If you are having fun, so will the people you meet
- Be willing to make some new friends
There are four ways you can volunteer;
- Directly at the event
- On a committee organising the event
- On the day of or day before the event
- Offering your specialised skills to benefit MDC
More questions? See our FAQs pageView FAQs