EA to the CEO/Team Assistant
Melbourne CBD based
Flexible work environment
Be part of the Mother’s Day Classic story
The Women in Super Mother’s Day Classic (MDC) is a national participation event held on Mother’s Day, attracting over 100,000 attendees each year.
Established in 1998 and organised by the MDC Foundation (MDCF), its purpose is to raise funds for breast cancer research, to increase awareness of breast cancer within the community and to support and remember those affected by breast cancer.
Based in the Melbourne CBD, MDCF is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill the role of EA/Team Assistant reporting to the CEO. The role is also responsible for preparation of board reports, general office management and general administrative duties for the MDCF.
– CEO / Board support – assist the CEO and MDCF Board on all Board logistics; preparation of agendas, papers, reports, presentations, plus following up action items. Organise all related logistics, travel, venue and catering. Attend Board meetings and take minutes.
– Diary management – coordinate meetings for the CEO and Chair as required.
– Office management – ensure that MDCF’s premises and processes are operating efficiently including managing office supplies and mail, liaising with IT service provider, building management, co-tenants and shared receptionist to ensure that services are delivered in a timely and effective way.
– General administrative and HR support – organise team meetings, staff training days, and social events. Ensure policies and processes relating to our resources are current and documented, plus oversee the induction process for new staff.
– Relationship building – maintain relationships with MDCF Directors and key stakeholders by swiftly responding to requests and updating changes, to ensure these champions are informed and motivated to maximise their involvement for the purpose of raising funds for breast cancer research.
– Representing MDCF – at key events and working the Mother’s Day weekend (MDC – event day).
– Motivated and effective team member – ability to work with a small team, pitch-in and contribute to MDCF activities and participate in professional development and other team initiatives.
The successful applicant will have:
– Experience in similar administration roles
– Strong written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail
– Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and be proactive
– Be efficient at taking minutes, setting agendas and following up action items
– The ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of people
– Sound experience in the Microsoft suite of programs
– Be highly motivated and can work autonomously as well as in a small team environment
– The ability to work collaboratively with a close-knit team and have fun along the way
– Is passionate for and has an understanding of the Not-for-Profit ethos.
– For more information on the Mother’s Day Classic please review this website and to view the Position Description please click below.
Benefits of working at the Mother’s Day Classic Foundation
– Work with a friendly team who are passionate about what they do
– 11.5% superannuation
– 4 additional ‘rostered’ days off (1 per quarter)
– Additional 3.5 days annual leave between Christmas and New Year (after one year of service)
– Flexible working arrangements are supported.
Salary is negotiable depending on the candidate’s experience and suitability and is within the range of $55-65k per annum including 11.5% superannuation.
If you feel you have the skills to be successful in this role and join our small team then please send a detailed covering letter clearly outlining why this is the role for you along with your resume to [email protected]
Closing date is close of business on 21 January 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Role to commence ASAP.Download the Position Description