General Manager – Fundraising and Marketing
General Manager – Fundraising and Marketing (Part Time Permanent 0.5/0.6 FTE)
- Newly created role, Melbourne CBD Location
- Develop and deliver fundraising, marketing and participation strategies to grow and diversify income and influence the future of the Australia’s largest participation event on Mother’s Day
- Opportunity to lead the implementation, and maximise benefits, of a customer relationship management system
- Senior part time leadership opportunity with genuine flexible working arrangements (school hours acceptable)
MDCF is seeking a dynamic and experienced General Manager, Fundraising and Marketing who will report directly to the CEO. This role will be responsible for the:
- Dynamic leadership of the fundraising and marketing team;
- Forward and strategic event planning including the development and implementation of participant acquisition, marketing and fundraising strategies and the development and growth of new and existing fundraising revenue streams (and grant opportunities) to diversify and grow income;
- Management of the design and implementation of customised multichannel marketing and fundraising campaigns (eDM, SMS, social, digital); website design and experience; the utilisation of segmentation, CRM, campaign ROI metrics and marketing automation, while overseeing budgets and mapping and building a consistent supporter/participant journey and experience;
- Management of the relationship with the peer-to-peer fundraising platform, external creative agencies and the National Breast Cancer Foundation to highlight the MDC’s purpose and cause, maximise participation and fundraising revenue and ensure a seamless customer experience with consistent messaging throughout the entire customer journey.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be tertiary qualified in a business, marketing or related discipline, have significant demonstrable experience in a key leadership role across similar capability and advanced knowledge of event-based marketing & community fundraising practices, techniques and trends. Previous direct experience implementing a customer relationship management system is preferred.
If you feel that you have the skills, expertise and drive to be successful in this role and join our small close-knit team then please send a detailed covering letter clearly outlining why this is the role for you along with your resume to [email protected] by close of business on Friday 7 February 2020.
Salary for this role is negotiable depending on the candidate’s prior expertise, however will be within the range for a NFP in a leadership position.
Some benefits available at the MDCF include:
- 4 additional ‘rostered’ days off (1 per quarter pro rata)
- Additional 3.5 days annual leave between Christmas and New Year (pro rata) (after 12 months service)
- Flexible working arrangements are supported
Please note that while we will acknowledge each application, only those candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted in person. We appreciate your understanding. Candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Advertising date: Monday 6 January 2020
Closing date: Friday 7 February 2020Position description