QLD - Brisbane
Registrations for this event have now closed.
Where: Riverstage, 59 Gardens Point Rd, Brisbane City
When: Sunday 14th May
Distances and times:
Warm ups commence 3 minutes before your start time
|7.30am||Run 8km||8.00am||Stronger Together Walk 4km|
|7.35am||Run 8km||8.00am||Stronger Together Walk 8km|
|7.40am||Run 8km||8.05am||Walk 8km|
|7.45am||Run 4km||8.10am||Walk 8km|
|7.50am||Run 4km||8.15am||Walk 8km|
|7.55am||Run 4km||8.20am||Walk 8km|
Stronger Together: If you have been touched by breast cancer, join a ‘Stronger Together’ time, when we will reflect on the strength of our MDC community (formerly named Survivor Wave).
Accessibility: Wheelchair and pram friendly.
Race Bib collection:
- Saturday 12:00-3:00pm from the front of the River Stage Box Office.
- Sunday from 6.30am - 30 minutes prior to wave time (closes at 8.10am) from the Registration Desk.
Please allow ample time to collect your race bib before your start time.
Download & print:
Unfortunately no dogs allowed.
YOUR ENTRY INCLUDES:
- Race bib to wear on the day
- Commemorative medallion
- Certificate of participation (downloadable)
- Timing services for all runners
- Fundraising and fitness online dashboard
- On the day entertainment
- On the day giveaways from our event sponsors
On the day activities & entertainment
In Brisbane, experience the true magic of traditional MDC events. Feel the buzz of the event village, entertainment, music, and food stalls to enjoy throughout the day! Here are just a few examples of what you can expect on event day:
What’s happening on event day:
- Live music bought to you by our Major Partner ME – ‘Sing with ME’
- Partner activities from our Major Partner: ME, National Partners: HESTA and ISPT, Media Partners: 9News and Smooth FM and State Partners: Fisiocrem
- Coffee from national partner ST ALi
- Food vendors -
- Roaming entertainers - Stiltwalker , Facepainting and Bubble Entertainment by Puzzle Dust
- Kids zone - giant games, crafting - make your own Mother's Day card
Other sponsored activities:
|Look out for Cocobella to receive your coconut water and yoghurt sample!|
4km course to run from Riverstage across Goodwill Bridge, along Southbank to Kangaroo Point. Turnaround here then loop back to Riverstage
8km course to run from Riverstage across Goodwill Bridge, along Southbank past Kangaroo Point, up to Captain Burke park to turnaround and loop back to Riverstage
On the day facilities
The Check-in area
Look out for the pink Mother's Day Classic flags.
Bag drop -
There will be a baggage storage area on site where you can leave your belongings from 6:30am Sunday. Please do not leave any valuables in the storage area as we will not be responsible for goods lost or stolen.
On the day you'll be able to donate funds via the collection tins or via the SMS donation number (simply text MDC to 0488 849 632).
First aid tent is located in the event village.
Food & drink
BYO water in reusable bottles, use any available water dispensers at the site.
Unfortunately no dogs allowed.
Getting there and parking
We recommend you use public transport to travel to and from Riverstage.
Wilson Parking offers affordable and secure parking at the 126 Margaret Street car park, located at 126 Margaret, Brisbane, in the heart of Frog's Hollow. Just minutes to the Brisbane Botanic Gardens, Gardens Point Campus and Riverstage, this car park will suit both commuter and leisure users alike. All Garden Points Carparks will have a reduced fee of $5.00 for the entire day, please see the below map for further direction.
The closest public transport options to Riverstage are:
- South Bank train station - 12 minute (850 metres) walk via the Goodwill Bridge
- QUT ferry terminal - one minute (280 metres) walk
- South Bank bus station - 13 minute (one kilometre) walk via the Goodwill Bridge.
Please use this link for further details: https://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/things-to-see-and-do/council-venues-and-precincts/riverstage/riverstage-transport-visitor-information.
This event will be conducted in accordance with any relevant state and federal government guidelines, public health directives and other government law, regulations or directions.